Deciding to take the plunge and turn your idea into a product can be a daunting first step. Whether it’s the development process or the costs that worry you; that step into the unknown can be tough. But, the good news, is we are here to help and with us we can take you through each stage step-by-step.
In the meantime, I came across this excellent guide from the Product Design Hub that we would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking to get involved in product development, whether it’s your first time or if you’re a seasoned designer.
The following points are essential to know before you begin:
1. Who will buy your product?
2. How many potential customers are there?
3. Who will you be competing with?
4. What will make your product the best choice?
5. Can your product idea be protected?
6. Which standards will your product need to meet?
7. How will your product be manufactured and sold?
8. How much will all this cost?
9. How will you pay for it?
10. Do you have a plan?
Here is a brief summary of the guide, but for the full guide please follow this link.